Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Tie Wreaths

Well, I finally got around to making something out of my Dad's old ties- wreaths!  I got the idea from this website a long time ago, but I just kept putting it off.  For Mom's birthday, I decided it was time to give it a try.  Mom had a favorite tie, so I used it for the bow and didn't cut it.  While I was at it, I made myself one too.  I think this will be a sweet reminder of my Dad.
Mom's tie wreath
My tie wreath

I have lots of ties and parts of ties leftover, so I'm sure I'll be making other things too.  Check out this Pinterest page- it has some fun ideas (and crazy ones too)!
Update- 11-2-11:  I'm linking up to the Young House Love Pinterest Challenge too!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

What a great idea! Makes me want to buy ties just so I can make one!!!